3 Ocak 2013 Perşembe

champagne sherbet

To contact us Click HERE

Happy New Year!

On New Years Day we had half bottle of champagne left over from the night before, and of course I couldn't let it go to waste!  So the first thing that came to mind was to make champagne sorbet!


After a quick internet search for a recipe, I found this one at Simply Recipes, which looked and sounded delicious!  But halfway into making my sorbet, I realized that I didn't have any fresh grapefruit on hand.  So I did another search, and switched over to this recipe at Sugarlaws.  After cooking my sorbet mixture on the stove, I tasted it, and it tasted like a really bad cocktail!  So I decided to add some heavy cream to mellow it out.


After adding about a cup of heavy cream, I tasted it again, and it had magically transformed into a delicious creamy champagne concoction!  So I put it in the fridge to chill for the rest of the day, and later that evening I churned it in my ice cream maker for about 30 minutes.  I was a little concerned because even after 30 minutes of churning, it was still quite soft, but I figured that the amount of alcohol in it was the cause.  So after it was done churning, I poured the mixture into a freezer-proof container, and let it set in the freezer overnight.


The resulting sherbet (I call it sherbet since the addition of heavy cream no longer qualifies it as a sorbet!) was refreshing and full of champagne flavor.

Here's to a wonderful 2013!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder