3 Ocak 2013 Perşembe

Christmas Village Idea...

To contact us Click HERE
I started the Department 56 Dickens Village over 26 years ago. I just love the look of the village at Christmas time. I have displayed the pieces in so many places around our home...bookshelves, china cabinets, tables and little nooks here and there.

This year I displayed the villages in my master bedroom...first time in this room!!

I split the village up in 2 spots. I placed some under the tree and the others on top of an armoire.



This tree was in our family room in past years. It was a 12 foot tree. We bought another 12 foot tree that was wider and fit better in the family room.
Never wanting to give anything up, I didn't use the bottom section of the tree turning it from a 12 foot tree to a nine foot tree. It fits in one spot in our bedroom...just as you walk in the door. Perfect!!
This tree is in memory of my mom. It's filled with her favorite ornament collection of little wooden Steinbach people.



Here is the rest of the Dickens Village on the armoire.


I used the empty boxes the houses come in to lift up them up in the back. I just covered it with a little thin batting.


This year's display was a little easier for me. I didn't use any of the people, accessories and I didn't put the lights in each house. I did put 2 small window candles on top of the armoire to give it a little glow. Works great!!

Have a great day,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder