2 Ocak 2013 Çarşamba

football cookies and tooth cookies

To contact us Click HERE

Along with the Hello Kitty macarons and potted plant chocolate puddings that I made for Cherish's wedding dessert table, I also made sugar cookies decorated with royal icing.  Since her groom loves football, she asked for football shaped cookies.  And she also asked for tooth shaped cookies, since she is a dental student!  She even sent football-shaped and tooth-shaped cookie cutters for me to use!  This bride thinks of everything!


For the cookie dough and royal icing recipes, I turned to my favorite sugar cookie recipe from Peggy Porshchen's book "Pretty Party Cakes".  Since I was making 75+ cookies total (I always make extra to allow for mess-ups!), I ended up making 3 batches of cookie dough, and 2 batches of royal icing.


After the cookies were baked and cooled, I started on the decorating.  For the football cookies, I first outlined my football by piping with brown stiff icing, and then filled it in with brown runny icing.  I let that dry for a few hours, and then used white royal icing to pipe the football laces on.


For the tooth cookies it was a similar process - I first piped an outline with white stiff icing, and then filled it in with white runny icing.


Once that was dry, I piped an additional white outline to finish it off.


And on the dessert table, I displayed the cookies on long white rectangular platters side by side.


Stay tuned for the next post on the last of the dessert table goodies!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder