31 Aralık 2012 Pazartesi

{Christmas Gifts} A New Approach.

To contact us Click HERE

Over the past several years, I have developed a great love for the Haitian people. I have wanted many times to share this love with the blog world yet each time I sit down to crank out a post, words simply fail me. 
And honestly, I still don't know what I want to say... I don't know how to explain my love for these people.
But what I do know is that during this holiday season, I am acutely aware of all that I have and all that the Haitian people do not have... I am aware of every set of eyes I have looked into, every giggle I've heard from a Haitian child, every time a child has played with my hair because they have never felt "white people" hair before and every single time my sunglasses have been "stolen" for a picture. These images cannot be undone and that's why my husband and I have asked Santa to help us continue to love on the Haitian community in lieu of gifts this year...






You see, Haitians do not have the luxury of  expressing love through generous gift giving. All they have to offer is a relationship built on love. And because of their love for me, I am a better person.
I guess that's why I cannot stop thinking about these little faces and considering how I can help them during this holiday season. Since J and I do not have unlimited resources and we cannot promise a village fresh water, we chose to encourage our friends and family to help us love on these people.

I'm sharing this post with you today to remind you not to lose focus on the true meaning of the season  and encourage you to connect with some sort of charitable organization in 2013 by pouring into the lives of others. No matter what that looks like for you, I can assure you, the love that you will receive will far outweigh the love you know how to give.


P.S. If you think you might like to give abroad and help the people of Haiti, let me know in the comments section and I would be more than happy to give you some advice based on my experiences.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder