31 Aralık 2012 Pazartesi

Stability Ball Desk Chair

To contact us Click HERE

Call me a hipster or tell my my desk chair looks like playground equipment, I don't care (by the way, my boss actually said that! I love her)... but it doesn't keep me from loving my new stability ball desk chair. 

( Check out the Erin Condren Planner cameo appearance. More on this gem later! )
I purchased this style of chair after rave reviews from my little sister (she has one at work too!) , research and feeling totally annoyed by the nagging pain in my lower back.  I like 80% of Americans  suffer from lower back pain. Fortunately, I choose to combat this annoyance with some good ole' core strengthening instead of the traditional medication therapy alternative (ahem, I work in a medical office. They are good people!). 
During my research, I found loads of information on the benefits of using a balance ball and integrating it into your work day. Here are a few: 
1. Forces Spinal Alignment. Since the ball rolls around quite a bit, it forces you into proper posture as a result encouraging spinal health and decreasing back pain.
2. Causes you to change positions regularly. Every time you move, you adjust your balance. This reduces spinal damage from prolonged sitting. 
3. Stronger Core. Sitting up tall helps you strengthen your mid-section and helps reduce lower back pain. 
Once I realized the health benefits associated with purchasing a stability ball desk chair, I had to decide on the type... You would be surprised by all of the options, I am not EVEN kidding! Anyway, I made a list of criterion and set out to find the most perfect chair for me... My demands included:
- 30 inches above the ground to sit comfortably at my desk.- extra support for the back to make the transition smoother.- wheels so I can scoot around my office. :)- under $100.
After several weeks of searching, I found the perfect chair. I mulled over the purchase for several more weeks just to make sure I wasn't making a decision based on "trendiness" and then ended up snagging it. 
I am so glad I took the leap of faith and purchased the chair. After the first use, my back felt better after a long day of work. I know this alternative may not be for everyone but for me it's been awesome!  


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder