16 Aralık 2012 Pazar

Tool Time Tuesday...Coffee Filter Wreath

To contact us Click HERE
Hello everyone!! I know coffee filter wreaths have been around the internet for a while, but this is my first attempt. I love how it came out...it's a super easy project and inexpensive too...about $3.00. I'll show you how to make it and my do's and don'ts too.


Found the perfect spot in our master bedroom.



Here's how I started out...

You need a wreath form, coffee filters ( I used a whole package and a little bit more) and lots of hot glue sticks.

For the wreath form, I used a length of foam tubing that you cover pipes so they don't freeze. It works great for the shape and good substitute for a wreath form, but not for this project. I'll show you why later. So for now, buy a real wreath form that is sturdy.

Use a medium to large size. If you use a small form, the filters start to fill in the center and makes it look  like one big filter.

My form is 17 inches from outside edge to edge.

It finishes at 24 inches across!!


Take a coffee filter, place your finger inside the center and pinch the outside bottom.


Kind of makes a puffy flower.


Bend a little part of the end for gluing.


Then hot glue 3-4 filters across the wreath form. One on top of the form and one on each side.


You don't need a lot, so space them evenly like this. At first, I started too close and I was wasting them


Here's where the foam tube didn't work. The wait of the filters stretched the foam. When it was hanging on the wall, it drooped to an oval. Very pretty, but I wanted a circle!! The oval looked like an egg, so maybe for Easter.

My fix was to hot glue 2 sticks to keep in the circle form. Never a dull crafting moment.


I added a fabric bow that matched the pillows on my bed.


The filters are just the best...they really give the wreath a curly rufflely look.


I hung the wreath on a 3m hook and the bow on another hook. The bow does not support the wreath at all.




I do want to add more length to the tails of the ribbon, so it sticks out beyond the bottom of the wreath.


Coffee filters come in white or this natural tan color. One package has 200 filters and is less than $2.00.

I really hope you get a chance to make one.

Happy Tuesday,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder