15 Haziran 2012 Cuma

Asparagus Soup Recipe

To contact us Click HERE

Lately I have been trying to cut down on the amount of meat we eat each week. I have started making soups with items we have in our fridge and grocery cupboard. I am also trying not to run out to the shop for ingredients constantly. I'm slowly making changes around our home that will save us money, increase our health and reduce our carbon footprint. I have started stock piling items and cooking from scratch, our winter veg garden has been planted and I am going to try and have a constant supply of certain veggies that are grown here at home by succession planting. Shew... it sounds like a lot of changes but I am starting slowly so that I don't overwhelm myself.

This is a soup I made last week, I had some asparagus in the fridge that I meant to cook with one of our dinners. I definitely couldn't let it go to waste! We LOVE asparagus here and I thought it would make a tasty soup for lunch with fresh honey bread.

This is what I used, all my ingredients were either in the fridge or grocery cupboard, it also felt good to not need to shop for anything to prepare this meal.

500 grams of fresh asparagus
2 garlic cloves
1 red onion
salt and pepper to taste
Cannellini beans (1 tin)
5 Baby potatoes
1 litre of water
500 ml of Chicken Stock
Cream
Olive oil

1. Chop up the red onion and fry it in a little olive oil with the chopped up garlic
2. Chop up the asparagus and add it to the pot.
3. Cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Dice the baby potatoes and add.
5. Add 1 litre of water.
6. Mix up the chicken stock and add to the pot.
7. Let your soup cook until the potatoes and asparagus are soft.
8. Add a tin or half a tin of Cannellini beans (these make soup lovely and thick)
9. Let the soup cook for another 10 minutes.
10 Add salt and pepper to taste.
11. If too thick, add a little water.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste.
13. Use a stick blender and puree the veggies until smooth.
14. Pour on a little cream.
15. Enjoy with some fresh homemade bread.

Do share the changes you are making in your home:)

Joining in today with Natalie's Kitchen Crafts.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder