23 Haziran 2012 Cumartesi

baby shower duckie and onesie cookies

To contact us Click HERE

My friend Cindy has a cousin who asked me to make baby shower goodies a few months ago.  We decided on an 8-inch cake and two dozen cupcakes (blog post to come later), and also duckie and onesie cookies for the favors.  I've made onesie cookies a few times before, but had not made duckie cookies yet.  Luckily, I had recently bought this animal cookie cutter set, which included a duck cookie cutter!


As always, I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe from Peggy Porschen's "Pretty Party Cakes".  Once they were cut, baked, and cooled, I started on making my royal icing, also from the same book.  I divided the icing into separate air-tight containers so that I could mix in the colors; I would be needing white, blue, yellow, a tiny bit of orange, and an even tinier bit of black.


For the duckies, I started by piping on an outline with stiff yellow icing, leaving an empty space for the beaks, and then filled the ducks in with thinned yellow icing. Then I piped an orange outline for the beaks, and then filled them in with thinned orange icing.


After letting them dry overnight, I piped on another orange outline on top of the beaks, and then another yellow outline over the rest of the ducks.  Then I piped on the outline of the wings, and finally dotted each eye with stiff black icing.


For the onesies, I first piped an outline with stiff white icing, and then filled it all in with thinned white icing.  Once that dried overnight, I piped on an outline with stuff blue icing, as well as blue details including buttons and a little heart in the center of the onesie.



Once everything was completely dry, I packaged them in individual cellophane bags, tied with raffia and a custom favor tag.  I hope everyone at the baby shower enjoyed them!  Stay tuned for the cake and cupcakes that went along with these cookies!


*** Update: The matching baby shower cake and cupcakes can be found here!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder