21 Haziran 2012 Perşembe

Calling All Moonshiners!

To contact us Click HERE
For several weeks I have been eagerly watching a shrub in the field behindmy garden, waiting for its flower buds to swell and burst open, not forhorticultural appreciation and not for floral display, nor am I waiting topress them in leather bound volumes of classic literature. These buds hold thesecret to an elegant summer afternoon spent relaxing even in the midst ofaustere times with a champagne flute in hand, for these are the buds of theElderflower.

Flowering begins in late May to early June and that means I can try out a newrecipe that I've been holding onto for Elderflower Champagne. Justto make things a little more exciting, the unpredictable Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall Recipe Iwill be using has a reputation for going bang!

Now, my favourite summer soft drink happens to come in the perfect thick glass bottle inwhich to store my elderflower champagne. ‘La Mortuacienne’ is the mostdelightful fizzy pop dubbed the Queen of Lemonades in France. They have beenmaking a variety of flavoured syrups and carbonated drinks since 1921 that havea swing top stopper which makes it easier to release the gas pressure as thechampagne ferments.


So as I gather my ingredients and post my progress I encourage you to join me in a champagne making extravaganza so we may sit back on lawns and compare libations. Lets make Elderflower shampoo!

www.magicalchristmaswreaths.co.uk

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder