15 Haziran 2012 Cuma

Our Lovely Weekend

To contact us Click HERE

This has been such a lovely weekend...
Our beautiful Jenna turned 15 years old yesterday, time has flown...

I went for a walk around our garden early this morning after feeding the chickens. It was -1 degree Celsius, really freezing, my hands were burning after taking the ice out of their water, but how lovely to be out there. I looked up at our neighbours tree with the moon in the background and had to go and grab my camera. I do know that this tree is indigenous to Australia and has a thorny bark with the most gorgeous pink flowers, such a sight to see...( if you know its name please could you let us know)


This little pond by our front door is frozen over...(It was 3 degrees inside our home this morning, the fires are blazing now)


Yesterday family and old friends come over to celebrate with Jen, she has had a special time...


Our chickens' warming themselves among the Lavender bushes in the early morning sunshine...


Frozen water in the chickens enclosure...


Jenna's birth orchids...
This beautiful orchid was given to me on the day of Jenna's birth 15 years ago. It was a single orchid in bloom. It was given to me by my wonderful mom-in-law as a gift. Each year around the time of Jenna's birthday it give us the most beautiful show of flowers. It has become a huge plant with many blooms and I probably should divide the bulbs but it seems so happy on our front veranda, just as it is.


I spotted some Violets flowering in a pot outside, do you see the mesh? This has been placed here to prevent our curious chickens from jumping up into our pots and scratching every piece of greenery out while they search for little grubs to eat.


Here I am squinting into my camera, taking a photo through a window reflecting off a mirror inside our house. I am wearing my Shalom cardi and I must tell you, it is so incredibly warm, I love it!


The Red Hot Pokers are flowering again, their bright colours make me so happy...


Even Jack popped out in the cold for an early morning snack.

Have a lovely week.
Linda

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder