15 Haziran 2012 Cuma

I am Filled with Gratitude...

To contact us Click HERE

I have been knitting on my Tea Leaves cardi in the evenings now that our weather is really cold. I sit beside the fire and knit stocking stitch back and forth, it's like a meditation and I am almost at the end now.

Today we went on a short road trip to Pretoria to see our doctor, a wonderful homoeopath that is helping our little Kye gently along the path to wellness. My cardi came with and I was able to knit a few rows while Richard drove.


Caiden made a wooden castle for his brother Kye, oh, the excitement when Kye discovered it waiting for him on the dining room table!


Our Petria is in bloom...


Photo taken by Erin, she really loved how the fire was burning through the hole in the piece of wood.

Our Flax, Garlic and Lupins are all thriving well in this raised bed.


I am so pleased with our lemons this season, every tree in our garden is laden with lemons, I will have to send some to our neighbours...


We have had a few colds in our home recently and lemons are amazing for fighting the flu. As soon as a cold or flu raises its nasty head we start with honey, lemon and ginger Rooibos tea.

Honey, Lemon and Ginger Rooibos Tea:

Make a cup of Rooibos tea and add:
The juice of 1 lemon
1 and a half teaspoons of honey
about an inch of grated ginger that's been peeled
add a little cold water if too hot and sip slowly

This really helps to cut the phlegm and makes you feel better overall.


Seeds from my Goldenrod plant. I need more Goldenrod to grow in our garden so that I can use it for dyeing my wool.


This is Richard's favourite tree in our garden, he loves how the ivy is climbing up its branches.

Today I am filled with so much gratitude that Kye is on the road to health...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder