20 Haziran 2012 Çarşamba

The Weekend

To contact us Click HERE

We had a lovely Father's day yesterday, celebrating my wonderful dad (he will be 84 this year) and this good man on the couch above. 


Jen has been making the sweetest dream catchers inspired by all the chicken feathers we find in the garden. She would like to post a little tutorial here for one soon.


I just love knitting these slippers for Kye, they are so warm and cozy... Our weather has been freezing lately and Kye really doesn't like to wear shoes indoors, so these thick, chunky slipper / socks are just perfect to keep him warm. (I tried to take a photo when I finished knitting them but he put them on straight away so they have a worn in look to them:)

I found this little pattern in a book called The Children's Year, such a beautiful book  I have modified it slightly though, here is the link to the pattern on Ravelry for you. I didn't like knitting this pattern flat and having to sewing up seams on the top of the slipper, so I knitted the foot part of the slipper in the round with the Magic Loop technique. I then decreased k1, k 2 together, knit 1 round, k1, knit 2 together, knit 1 round when I finished off.




A pair for Jen, I am going to sew soles underneath these ones, not sure what I'm going to use yet though... This is a pattern I am writing and I will share it here when it is finished.


Wishing you an inspired week...
Linda

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder