10 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

hello kitty cake and cupcakes

To contact us Click HERE

To go along with the Hello Kitty cookies for my friend Vicky from my last post, I also made a Hello Kitty cake!  And since the cake wouldn't be enough to feed everyone, I also made matching cupcakes.


For the cake, we decided on a chocolate cake, filled with strawberry whipped cream, and covered with cream cheese buttercream.  So I started by making my favorite Ina Garten chocolate cake recipe.  The recipe usually makes two 8-inch pans, but since I was using a large Hello Kitty shaped pan, I used one recipe for each cake layer, which I mixed and baked in separate batches.  Once each cake layer was baked and cooled, I whipped up a quick batch of freshly whipped cream, and added a few tablespoons of freshly pureed strawberries.  Then I piped a layer of it on top of my bottom layer of cake, and spread it out evenly with an offset spatula.  Next I added the top layer of cake, and then the entire cake went into the fridge to set while I made the frosting.


For the frosting, I whipped up a couple of batches of a simple cream cheese buttercream, which I used to cover the entire cake in a crumb coat.


Then I piped on the details (the eyes, nose, bow, and whiskers).


And then filled in the rest of the face using a medium star tip.


For the cupcakes, I made three dozen chocolate cupcakes covered with yellow cream cheese frosting, which I piped using a basketweave tip.  Then I piped big ovals for Hello Kitty's face, used a leaf tip to pipe the ears, and used a small round tip to pipe the eyes, whiskers, nose, and bow.  (See this post on how I pipe Hello Kitty step-by-step).


I thought the cake and cupcakes turned out super cute, and I loved the grey and yellow color scheme that Vicky chose!


I hope everyone enjoyed the goodies!



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder