10 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

Tool Time Tuesday...Window Ironing Board

To contact us Click HERE
I know...Window Ironing Board? Well, it was going to say Cat Bed Ironing Board, but I didn't want to scare you away!!



The famous saying of "Necessity is the mother of invention", doesn't work for this post.

My new saying for this project..."laziness is the mother of invention" and here's my explanation.

I did a post the other day about raising the curtain rods on 3 large windows without changing the curtains. Click HERE to read that post. In short, I raised the curtain rods 4 inches and let the hem down on the curtains 4 inches.



By the time I re-screwed in all the hardware, ripped out all the hems for 6 panels and then hung them back up to check the measurements, I DID NOT want to take them down again to finish the hems.

That's when I saw this in the window, right next to the drapes...


Hallie's bird watching perch!!


I removed her quilt and it's my new portable window ironing board!!


I used Stitch Witchery to iron the hems back together and needed to steam out the original crease.


Instead of taking down all the drapery panels again (laziness), I used the cat perch right there to iron (mother of invention!!)


The perch has little parts that hook into the track of the window and then the brackets underneath just rest on the wall with little rubber pads for support. Totally portable to move from window to window.


Sorry this picture is so dark, but it was so bright out and I was taking the picture facing the window.

Portable window ironing board...

  • perfect for any small ironing projects like quilt blocks (or full length lined drapes, Lol)
  • great if your sewing machine is next to a window
  • frees up floor space in a small sewing/ craft room
  • great to use in your dining room or other room that you sew in and have to break your sewing things down each time. Just take it down and pop in a closet



or put the quilt back on it and give it back to the cat.



We've had this cat perch for a while, but I think it's from Walmart. You know my brain is ticking on how to make one with PVC pipes and brackets. This will be another Tool Time in the future!!

Happy Tuesday,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder