12 Ekim 2012 Cuma

Thrifty Thursday...Free Autumn Arrangement

To contact us Click HERE
Hi everyone...just changing things up a bit on Thursdays. I usually have my Thoughts on Thursday, but I'm switching it to Thrifty Thursday.

I know with today's economic times, saving money any where we can is important. I thought I would try to do a weekly post with tips and projects for free or on a budget, using things we already have.

Here's my first tip...free autumn arrangement.



These are just cheap old plastic urns I had in the garage that I spray painted black a long time ago.


Go out in your yard or the woods and trim some branches. There were little leaves and buds still on the branches, so it really added to the look.

Just be careful if you have small children or animals in the house if your branches have berries on them. Maybe just use plain branches if you do.


I placed the branches in the urns...no styrofoam or anything. Cut several little twiggy branches instead of cutting one big one. Adds more depth to the arrangement.



I brought the large urns inside, because I needed something big to fill in the spaces in front of the walls on each side of the window.

I just moved some furniture around in here and didn't have any artwork or pictures for the walls. The branches fill in that space perfectly and they were FREE!!!


Bring something in from outside and see if it works in your home too.

This is great for autumn, but adding little white lights to these branches will work great for Christmas  time too!!

Happy Thrifting,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder