27 Eylül 2012 Perşembe

purple ombre roses cake

To contact us Click HERE

My friend H introduced me to her friend S a few years ago, the day that the three of us stood in line at Macy's for hours to meet Sarah Jessica Parker at a perfume signing event.  It was so much fun!


After that day, I've bumped into S here and there, and we eventually discovered that we share a love for food and food photography.  Then one day recently, she asked me to make a cake for her birthday.  She specifically requested the rose cake (that I love to make), which uses the rose cake method from I Am Baker.  And since she requested either purple or white, I decided to make it a purple ombre rose cake, similar to my purple ombre petal cake, which would start with purple at the bottom and gradually grow lighter until it became white on the top.

For the cake layers I made my favorite - a dark chocolate cake (recipe from Ina Garten).  I only used half the recipe, which filled two 6-inch cake pans.  Then I filled the layers with chocolate mousse (recipe from the Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake from America's Test Kitchen).


Then I whipped up a batch of cream cheese buttercream, and did a quick crumb coat over the entire cake.


And then came the fun part - the piping of the roses.  I divided the rest of the frosting into three parts - I left the first portion white, then the next portion I colored a light purple, and the third portion I colored a darker purple.


Then using a Wilton 1M tip and I Am Baker's rose cake method, I covered the top of my cake with white roses.


Next came the lighter purple roses, and finally the darker purple roses on the bottom.


Isn't it pretty? :)


Happy belated birthday, S!  Hope you enjoyed the cake!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder