22 Eylül 2012 Cumartesi

Tool Time Tuesday...Bobbin Covers

I love Tool Time Tuesdays! What do I love more?...when my readers send me their Tool Time ideas to share. Tool Time makes everyone look at things differently in stores.

Well, that's what my blogging friend Beth, from the blog Bzyqltr, said she did when she was roaming the aisles of Lowe's during her son's soccer practice...thinking outside the box. Click HERE to visit her great blog. Lots of quilting!!

Beth uses an ice cube tray to hold her bobbins (genius) and wanted something to keep the thread under control. She used the hair elastic idea and the plastic rings that slip over the bobbin, but you can't see the color of the thread. Her "light bulb" moment was in the plumbing aisle. She bought plastic tubing and cut little rings to cover each bobbin to keep the thread from unraveling.

Here is Beth's picture of her ice cube tray. Thanks Beth for letting me share this picture and for this fabulous idea!! I love it.


It is so great, I had to try it for myself.


Found this tubing in my father's workbench...so even better. It's free.


Snip a piece the width of your bobbin.


I think my tubing is a bit thicker than Beth's...my cut is a little rough LOL


Then squeeze the ring and snip a little piece off.


This snip forms the "C" shape in the ring.


Then it wraps around and keeps the thread from unraveling. Awesome!



This was so easy and such a wonderful idea. You really need to pop over to Beth's blog and give her a big hug for sharing this!!

Thanks again Beth!
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder