14 Kasım 2012 Çarşamba

Fitness Journey: Week One Re-Cap

To contact us Click HERE
Source: Google
A couple of weeks ago, while sitting at dinner my friend challenged me to start running. I've been run/walking on and off since August and haven't really made any progress. A group of us talked about how often we start and stop exercising. We lose dedication and momentum and as a result keep the bodies and attitudes we've always had. 
I WANT A CHANGE! 

With that in mind my friend, whom I will fondly refer to as the "challenger", encouraged me to start again and this time with gusto. Last week I finished my first week of training and I am feeling confident and strong.
This time around, I've chosen not only to be held accountable but to surround myself with people that already run.  You know the phrase "fake it til' you make it", that's exactly what I am doing. I am intentionally putting myself in uncomfortable situations with individuals that have greater athletic ability to simply change my attitude about running. 
You see when you "run/walk" with crazy marathon runners, you tend to push yourself a little bit harder. Also, you receive excellent feedback on your form and tips on how to achieve your goals. Plus, they know the struggle and know exactly what to say to keep you encouraged. I am so excited about this journey! 
I CAN DO THIS! 
The challenger helped me create the following plan: 
Monday, Wednesday and Friday complete couch to 5K training for one hour.
Even though I cannot run/walk for an hour, I can walk for an hour. So each week, I build on my endurance. For example, last week, I completed the run/walk for thirty minutes and then walked for thirty minutes. 
Develop a morning routine by doing this between 5:00-5:30 AM with another friend.
This new morning routine is hard. I have to drive to my friend's house and dress appropriately for outdoor runs. This is not easy. However, things don't pop up at 5:30 AM. You can't get overwhelmed with work and aren't tired from the day. 
Join the challenger on Saturdays for a strenuous exercise with her running group at 7 AM.
My first experience with the running group was overwhelming. The terrain was hilly and they all had perfect outfits. I felt out of place and out of shape. I didn't give up though. I pushed myself and completed the four mile trek. 
Each week we plan to add on to our training, improving our endurance and overall health. We have made zero modifications to our diet as everything we do is about subtle changes to our daily lives. This past week our goal was to just get off the couch! 
I am proud to say, I successfully made it through week one. 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder