12 Kasım 2012 Pazartesi

Ribbon Organizing...With a Deck of Cards

To contact us Click HERE
Since I missed Thrifty Thursday due to the power outage this week, I thought I would share Thrifty Thursday on Saturday...better late than never!!

Ribbon. We all have it and we all love it. We buy it by the spool or we buy it by the yard. The big thing is how to organize it. I've had lots of ways over the years, but this idea is for the ribbon you have that's not on a spool.

The thrifty part is you use an old deck of cards!!





Isn't this the cutest thing!!


This is how I kept my stray ribbon before...well, still do until I get them all on cards.


Great for storing, not so great for wrinkled ribbon.


As a side note, this is how I keep my spool ribbon. Click here to see that post.


I've had emails asking how does the tension rod fit through the spool. Some spools work great...


Others...I make the hole myself with a screwdriver or anything handy!! Lol


Back to the cards...you can also use expired or used up gift cards or those "fake" credit cards you get in the mail.


The "fake" credit cards are a little more sturdy because they are plastic.




The deck of cards, however, comes with so many right away. You can wrap all your ribbon at once.


Start with the design edge if you have one. It's just to make a notch so the ribbon doesn't slip off.


Cut top and bottom.


Now cut a small slit in the card to catch the beginning of the ribbon as you're wrapping.


Small slit.


Now take your mess of ribbon and start wrapping.


Catch the end piece in the slit first.


I put a pin in the end, but keep the point buried, so we don't get pricked.


Wrap them all on their own cards and you are good to go!!


Who knew a deck of cards would be so important in my sewing room.



Happy Thrifty Thursday...on Saturday!!
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder