18 Kasım 2012 Pazar

Thrifty Thursday...Closet Organizing

To contact us Click HERE
Thrifty Thursday is usually about using things we already have or at least something cheap, cheap. Click here for all past Thrifty Thursdays (this post will show up too, so scroll down if you click over there).

Today's thrifty find is actually "space"...finding more free space in our homes. There are areas throughout our houses that we are not utilizing to their full capacity. I found that space behind a closet door!!



I forgot to take a picture of the before, but it was pretty much my husband's ties on the same wall, but just lower taking up the whole wall and 2 hooks that go over the top of the door.

I thought to myself...he's 6' 3", I can move those ties way up there and make room for a few things on the bottom. Now the sweaters a wear most often have a place for easy grabbing.


I added 2 hooks...


then added the tennis ball trick on the hook...click here for that post if you missed.


The tennis ball prevents that hook lump in the sweaters or jackets that I wear often.


I did have the over the door hooks on top of the door, but they prevented the door from closing.

I added these hooks to different parts of the back of the door for belts, purses and scarves.


The double hook is perfect for tote bags.


I also added a few hooks towards the top for the longer items...belts, scarves etc.


Space them out so the hang between other items.


You might have different needs in your closet or behind any door for that matter, but this Thrifty Thursday tip is to help you look at what you have and see if you can re-work it to give you more space.

If you are organized and can see things better on shelves or hanging up, it makes your day less frustrating.



I found all the hooks in Home Depot for 79 cents each...pretty inexpensive fix.

Search your home, you might be surprised what space you'll find!!

I also did a post a while back about how I utilized the space in my laundry room closet...click here for that post.

Happy Thursday,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder