6 Şubat 2013 Çarşamba

Action List {Young House Love Book Edition}

To contact us Click HERE


via
I don't know if you follow Young House Love but their blog is funky fresh and the book exceeded my expectations in every way. Sherry & John truly have it goin' on! 
I picked up a copy of their book at the library (go LPL!) and was inspired to make an action list based on the tips I found in the book.
Our House Love: {Long} Action List
Inventory Texture in Living Room: Our living room feels flat. We need to buy a few items to freshen up the space including: sheers to add softness, new lamp shade and a woven basket to house doggie toys! 
Add Chalkboard Paint: The example in the book inspires you to make over a bar cart. AMAZING! However, I feel inspired to revamp a mirror into a chalkboard for our dining room. 
Consider a DayBed: I've wanted a daybed in our home for a while. I want to place it in the bonus room/J's office to create a more comfortable environment in the space.
Rearrange the Living Room: This needs to happen ASAP! Our space is stagnant. 
Sofa Update: Add pillows and a throw to the sofa to update it's look. I am working on the pillows (sewing them currently!). 
Don't Forget the Hallway/Replace Blah Light Fixtures: We repainted our hallways recently and haven't gotten around to adding new light fixtures to them for added interest. Also, I would like to hang a couple some art to jazz it up a pit. 
Refinish Wood Furniture: I have a rocking chair in the garage just waiting its turn for some lovin'. 
Backsplash: We don't have a backsplash in our kitchen but adding bead board or frames would be a nice way to add a little charm to the space.
Paint Kitchen Cabinets: Are cabinets are bland. A fresh coat of paint would certainly update the space.
Bedroom Update:  I cannot be satisfied when it comes to bedding. We have three dogs, they jump on the bed it makes me crazy. I need to invest some time & money into creating the perfect space for us. 
Replace Bathroom Faucets: Our bathroom faucets lack style. I will be keeping my eye out at Habitat for Humanity ReStore and E-bay. We don't have a lot of money to invest in this project but I am certain it would change the entire look of the room.
Frame Bathroom Mirror: A builder's mirror (that's us!)... Framing it can help create a more dramatic look!
Framing Arrangements: We currently have two sets of frames waiting to be arranged and placed on various walls. This needs to happen. 
Hang Plates: I've been digging this style for a while. 
Add Wooden Planters: I want to add colored wooden planters to our front porch this spring. By adding color it will POP.

These fifteen items all varying in price and effort will definitely help our home become a reflection of our personalities and style. 
I am so excited to get started on this action list. I'll keep you updated along the way! 
P.S. A special thanks to Sherry & John for inspiring so many! I mean seriously... awesome! 



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder