17 Şubat 2013 Pazar

Thrifty Thursday...Recycled Make-Up Compact Sewing Kit

To contact us Click HERE
Happy Thrifty Thursday everyone...time to recycle something!

I was cleaning out the drawers of my daughters' bathroom recently. When they are away at school, I pretty much know that what's in those drawers are not important...or they would have taken it. What did I find...empty toothpaste tubes, empty make-up bottles, etc.

I also found this...a make up compact with lip stick missing on the right, empty blush and half empty eye shadow.

I made the executive decision to throw this, but I really kept it!!


Look what I turned it into...a sewing kit!!!



Here it is closed.


Here it is opened.


If your make up compact is really empty, you can just wash and clean it out. I wasn't 100% sure that the eye shadow wasn't one Courtney's favorite, so I popped out the trays until I asked her.


You can use Goo Off to remove glue if you want


 I know that all compacts don't look like this with a lip stick space, but I took advantage of it by cutting a piece of foam tubing to make a pin cushion.


You can make a cute one out of fabric, but this was a quickie.


Add pins, safety pins, extra emergency buttons, needles, thread...












All you need for quick repairs or even when you are doing hand sewing in the car on long rides.


Oh, and that mirror...great to check your hair or make up when you're sewing!!


This is perfect for your purse, car, work desk drawer...any where at all!

No matter what size compact your are using, I'm sure even a few pins, a needle and some thread will fit!!

Remember, think twice before you throw it out.

Happy Thursday,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder