16 Şubat 2013 Cumartesi

{Love Story} Dating Life.

To contact us Click HERE

In the spirit of Valentine's Day and all things love, I want to share our love story with you this week. Join me as I share our dating, engagement and wedding story... 
J and I met when I was twelve years old ( I am 28 and he is 32) in youth group. We were friends, running in the same circle. However, until I was twenty-three, J was just an accessory in my life. We weren't very close and he dated a few of my friends, so he was always around, just not a key player. I can say this because he feels the same about me. 
Things changed a little when I lived next door to one of our best friends, you see, for the first time in our lives, we were both single at the same time. I just pulled myself out of a totally dysfunctional relationship and he had been single for a long time. In efforts to cheer me up, he started visiting me weekly. We would go to movies together, have dinner, and just hang out. I enjoyed the company because I was really lonely. 
After months of this consistent behavior, J and I grew closer. I trusted him and he morphed into one of my best friends. I didn't really think about dating him and certainly did not think about marriage until one night...
This night changed everything.
Long story short, one of my best girlfriends came in from out of town and I invited J to come along with us for a night out. I told her I thought he would be a catch so they should meet. I told J the same story about her. Somehow at the end of the night, we ended up kissing. Shocked by the kiss, we avoided talking about it for close to a month.
After nearly a month of awkward silence and quick uncomfortable glances, we decided to talk about the "kiss".  During our chat, we realized we cared deeply for each other and thought it was time to take our friendship to the next level... 
We dated over a year before getting engaged. 
A few highlights of our dating life included:
going to Chicago.

Pine Mountain, GA weekend getaway for our one year dating anniversary.

uk football games.

pub crawl and touring in Pittsburgh. 


 It was important to both of us to take things slow and really get to know each other on another level.  It was super fun! This season of life will forever be engraved in my heart as it set the stage for where we are today... happily married and in love. 
What special things do you remember from your early dating years? 
P. S. Don't forget to tune in tomorrow for {Love Story} Engagement. 






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder