5 Şubat 2013 Salı

Birthday Festivities + Balloon Wishes.

To contact us Click HERE

My love's birthday was Saturday and we celebrated all weekend long. 
In J's birthday card, I told him I wanted him to feel special and loved all weekend because he made people feel loved every day. I told him his loved stretched across the nation and through the world and it would be made evident all weekend long.  
We started celebrating on Friday with my family. On his actual birthday, we went to the UK game and then had a small party at our house. Sunday we celebrated with his family and his mom served the cutest ice cream cake!
Since J isn't a big fan of material goods, I had to get creative. I ended up giving him four gifts and used the kiddo Christmas gift giving methodology for them.
Something you need: Two new pillows for our bed.Something to wear: New soccer shorts for his coaching season.Something you want: I pre-ordered a video game.Something to read: Birthday Balloons. 
The birthday balloon idea came from The Dating Divas. 
Here's what I did: 
Early in January, I sent out a facebook e-mail to his closest friends and family inviting them to participate in a balloon surprise for him on his birthday. 
If the friends chose to participate, I mailed them a balloon and a return mailing envelope. 
When the balloon was received, the individuals wrote on the balloon and returned it to me. 
On his birthday, his BFF, filled the balloons with helium and brought it to his birthday party. We had exactly 32 balloons for his 32nd birthday! Yay! 

It was so awesome to see him read all of the birthday wishes. It also was a cool thing for folks at the birthday party to read. Some of them were sweet and some of them were funny. We had balloons from Arizona to Florida and many states in between. (I am trying for wife of the year here, friends!).
And then to stretch across the ocean he received this special surprise came from a little Haitian girl we sponsor. My friend went to Haiti the week before J's birthday and had her pose with this message. Isn't she precious?!?

We had a great time! And I think he truly felt like a king! 

(Check him out with his mustache, crown and little king beer- a friend gave those items to him as a gift. SO FUN!)
I spent a lot of time planning and organizing for my man in hopes to make him feel super special. I think it worked... 

P.S. I am partying at the Kurtz Corner today! 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder