17 Şubat 2013 Pazar

Quilting Tip...How To Stop Your Ruler From Slipping

To contact us Click HERE
I did a little shopping yesterday with my friend Tina, from Seaside Stitches. You know, some "retail" therapy!! I bought new rotary blades, fabric, some crafting supplies for my daughter Courtney and something for my quilt ruler that I wanted to share with you.

Before I do, I wanted to say...I have no affiliation with this product and am NOT getting paid for this. I just purchased it, wanted to give it a try and wanted to hear if anyone else uses it too.

prevent quilt ruler slipping

Here is the ruler I use the most...6 inches x 24 inches. I love it, but with most rulers especially large ones, they slip when cutting.


The way I prevented the ruler from slipping before were these little rubber dots you put on the back of the ruler in the corners. They did work great and I recommend them too, but I lost a few.


Here are the top ones...bottoms are missing. Hence the need for something new! Lol

prevent quilt ruler slipping
I went in to buy the dots or the disks and that's when I saw this in the quilt shop. It's made by Omnigrid, the company who makes the ruler I use.
prevent quilt ruler slipping
Easy instructions...measure, cut, peel, stick...

prevent quilt ruler slipping

prevent quilt ruler slipping
 I used a rotary cutter and the ruler I wanted to cover.

prevent quilt ruler slipping
They say to cut it 1/4 inch smaller than the ruler.

prevent quilt ruler slipping
Top and one of the sides.

prevent quilt ruler slipping

TIP....


Save your old rotary blades that aren't quite sharp enough for fabric anymore, but are perfect for paper.
Either switch out the blade for when you need to cut paper or mark a whole separate handle just for paper cutting.
uses for old rotary blades
I keep all the old blades in one container the blades come in...Mark it USED though.
old rotary blades
Just cut the grip with a rotary blade or scissors.

prevent quilt ruler slipping

prevent quilt ruler slipping
It's a clear cling plastic. Not sticky or glue, just like cling wrap.

prevent quilt ruler slipping
I started at the top...

prevent quilt ruler slipping
and pulled the plastic away from the paper as I rolled down the ruler.

prevent quilt ruler slipping
So far, it's worked great. No slipping and the whole ruler is covered vs the little dots which are in just a few places.

prevent quilt ruler slipping

Does anyone else use this Invisgrip?

What do you use to keep your quilt ruler from slipping?

Happy Quilting,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder