22 Şubat 2013 Cuma

Thrifty Thursday...Recycled VHS Case To Memory Box

To contact us Click HERE
Hi Everyone! For today's project, I will be recycling an old VHS case into a memory box. I know...VHS. Who has those anymore?? Well, with this idea, I will be on the hunt for more boxes!! We hardly use DVDs anymore either with Netfix, but those case are too skinny.

Our daughters were born in 1991 and 1992 and that was the height of all the Disney VHS movies that flooded the market...Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan etc. The girls will NOT let us get rid of those movies and I don't want to either...such memories!! I keep them in large plastic tubs and every once in a while they'll go through the box and have movie night.  We still have one VHS player that works. Not sure what happens when that goes!

While cleaning out the basement, I went through that box and I found a few empty VHS cases. I also came across all the boxes of vacation souvenirs that I've kept all these years.  Ever since our daughters were little, I have saved almost every souvenir tidbit from all our vacations. I've saved receipts, tickets, pictures, postcards, pamphlets etc.

I will probably never start scrapbooking at this point and I really can't start another hobby, so this is my version of scrapbooking...scrapboxing!!

Here is my ScrapBoxing idea!!

recycled vhs case
A cute VHS box to store all the goodies from our vacations. It will be so much fun to go through each box and remember all the good times we had.

Here is any empty VHS case.

recycled vhs case

recycled vhs case
Some cases have a plastic cover where the movie title paper was.

recycled vhs case
We'll be replacing the title paper with something pretty.

The black and white is vinyl covering, the pink and white is scrapbooking paper and the gray chevron is fabric.

You could also put in a picture from that memory or event to show what's inside.

recycled vhs case
To start, just measure the width and...

recycled vhs case
Height of the box.

recycled vhs case
Cut out your paper and slip it inside the plastic sleeve.

recycled vhs case
Done!!

recycled vhs case
I wanted to use use the black and white vinyl material I used on another project. I bough that vinyl at Walmart. They sold it in packages, but it must have been popular, because I saw it on a large roll sold by the yard.

recycled vhs case

recycled vhs case
This will match the decor in my sewing room too!!

recycled vhs case
If your case doesn't have the plastic sleeve, you can always Mod Podge the paper or fabric onto the front.

Mod Podge is a glue and sealer.

recycled vhs case
This is just a small portion of souvenirs from one of our trips to Disney World. Lots more, but this will help me weed out what I really don't need.

recycled vhs case
I'll only keep what fits in the box.

recycled vhs case
I printed a label with a label maker.

recycled vhs case
You can also print one on your computer just on regular paper and slip that into the sleeve too.

recycled vhs case
See the case on the top shelf...matches the cans I covered with the vinyl.

recycled vhs case
Here is Scrapbox number 1 in a series of many. I see that shelf filled with memories one day...

recycled vhs case

This story is "to be continued"...we'll see how far I get in this scrapboxing idea. Really need to find more boxes some where. Hmmm...maybe ebay. Lol

Happy Thursday,
~Karen~

Pin It

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder