16 Şubat 2013 Cumartesi

{Love Story} Engagement.

To contact us Click HERE


As promised, in spirit of Valentine's Day, I am sharing our love story with you... Earlier this week we talked about our dating life. J and I dated a year and half before he popped the question... This story inspired my first blog post ever and I am sure only two people read it (my mom and sis!). I want to share it with you today as we take a step back into time and relive one of my favorite moments!
Here is the original post circa 2009 originally titled "Put A Ring On It!":
We went on a walk in Grant Park on my 25th birthday (August 28th). Jason suggested that we walk by the Buckingham fountain to get a picture with the Chicago skyline in the background. As we walked up to the fountain there were two beautiful brides getting their wedding portraits taken... I'm all Oh my!! They are stunning!!... And he's all... Yeah, let's keep it movin'!...
Anyway, we get to the fountain and Jason reminds me that I was not at the fountain to gawk at brides but to get a photo taken. I huff and puff and finally get into position when we are interrupted by another couple that wants us to take their picture. Jason takes their picture and they take ours... and then he redirects me to my photo shoot. Yet again, my photo shoot is delayed by some guy that wants us to buy 3 postcards for $5. I'm eager to be distracted because I hate how long it takes to get a photo taken by Jason. I love him but my word!! He has to focus the lens and make sure the sun is shining the right way and all sorts of things that keeps me complaining... Anyway, we give the guy some money and I'm back in my pose waiting for the shot... I'm really frustrated by this point because I've been standing in the same spot for like 10 minutes and the brides are already finishing up their shots and I have not even started with mine...
And then...
Jason is down on one knee digging for his camera and says, "I have a better idea." I don't really know what he said after that because I gravitated towards the shiny rock in his hand. I jumped on him!! I'm pretty sure he was knocked over a bit! Finally, he calms me down and asks if I'll marry him. I have to admit I was quivering... He put a ring on my finger!! So many things were going through my head like, "look how the rainbow shines off of the diamond" and "I guess we are not going to be dating until we are forty" and  "who should I text first?"... We decide to sit down and make some calls/texts at the closest bench so we could share our joy with our families and friends.
 I'd have to say this moment was one of the greatest in my life... we are both very happy and eager to begin our lives as Mr. & Mrs... and for me, I get to stare at the rainbows my ring makes for the rest of my life!!
How's that for an engagement story?   If you want to peek at my second ever post, you can see a few of our engagement shots here.   

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder